It’s been almost a year being a Psychology student and I couldn’t be happier. Honestly, I never knew what Psychology was or meant until I actually decided on taking it. At my first exam of Psycho I was extremely apprehensive and I nearly decided to switch on to Sociology instead. Socio is a very good subject of society, but I wanted my subject to be somewhat related to Science. Thanks to Wilhelm Wundt to discover Psychology as a field for “us” who don’t want to study pure science but a part of it.
If I were to describe Psychology in a few words, I would describe it as a study of human minds in their day-to-day lives.
A lot of people think that Psychologists can read a person’s mind. I thought so too!😂😂😂😂😂 Until I found the bitter truth😥😝😜😂.
My non-psychology friends used to ask me what’s running on their minds, to which my simple answer would be, “Main koi antaryami nahin hoon.” (I’m not a supreme spirit!😂)
Interesting facts I learned in Psychology:-
- Brain has a location, mind doesn’t. That’s why both of them are different.
- Many Psychologists become a part of a group in order to observe a particular behaviour. (Be cautious, you never know whose observing yours!)😉😉😉
- A psychological test or experiment doesn’t require your identity, except in rare cases. But such identities are destroyed as soon as the research is over.
- Adolescent years are especially vulnerable to smoking, alcohol and drug abuse.
- Dieting is a type of eating disorder, which means thinness through starvation.
- According to Psychology, human beings possess 6 senses. Besides smell, taste, auditory, touch, and sight we have kinesthetic (responsible for giving us info about the locations of our body parts) and vestibular (providing info about our body positions, movement and acceleration) systems.
- Only few stimuli that attracts our attention go for higher levels of processing.
- Our dreams are a reflection of our thoughts.
- Don’t you dare think of a blue horse. (You did think of a blue horse!) Our mind subconsciously produces a thought we are not told to think.😉
- The rate of forgetting is maximum in the first nine hours, particularly during the first hour.🕧 (Studying just an hour before the exam is a very bad idea!😂😂)
So, you see?? almost everything we think, memorise, experience, feel is related to Psychology.✨
I hope you enjoyed reading this, as much as I loved writing it!😊😊🎀
Love what you write. Write what you love.